Today’s scripture selection: Psalms 45-47
Key verses: Psalm 46:10
Can you remember what it was like to be a little kid and find it almost impossible to be still?
- When it was birthday and you knew a party was being planned
- When it was Christmas morning – about 3 a.m. and you could swear that you just heard Santa clomping around downstairs
- When your Mom or Dad finally said you were old enough to have a pet
- When you were counting the days to when you could get your driver’s license and get behind the wheel of your Dad’s old car
And what about when you were older –
- Waiting for that date with that very special person
- Waiting for the wedding bells to chime
- Waiting for your first child
- Waiting for that job promotion or house closing
And still later –
- Waiting for the Doctor’s report about that test result you dread
- Waiting for the phone to ring so that you can hear from your children who now live across country
- Waiting at the bedside of a loved one
- Waiting for the clock to turn another hour – from 4 a.m. to 5 a.m. during another sleepless night
Waiting – and being still – and waiting some more.
No matter our age, it can be a challenge at times.
When that happens… remember the words of the Psalmist:
“Be still, and know that I am God…”
He has everything under control. And He loves you very, very much. So trust – and just be still.
Prayer: Lord, give me patience, through all the moments of my life with you. AMEN.