Today’s Scripture Selection: Exodus 3:5
“’Do not come any closer,’ God said, ‘Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.’”
Where are the holy spaces of your life?
When Moses encountered the now famous “burning bush” in the wilderness where he was hiding out as a shepherd – holiness invaded ordinary, common space.
When Moses, out of curiosity, moved closer to see this odd bit of vegetation that was aflame but not consumed – holiness touched is life in a way that would change it forever.
When Moses did as he was told, took off his sandals, and God spoke – holiness frightened him – so much so that he “hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.”
So again, I ask you, where are the holy spaces of your life?
Where does the living, holy God of the universe
- Invade your space in some radical, unexpected way?
- Cause you to bow in awe or even shrink away in fear?
- Challenge you to live your life in some new way?
- Call you into some action for Him that may seem impossible, even crazy?
- Yet invites you in such a powerful way that you dare not turn away?
I believe God still works in such holy and dramatic ways and when we answer….when we follow God’s lead…
Miracles still happen.